Deputy State Auditor
The Office of the State Auditor is seeking to replace a retiring deputy state auditor. This top leadership position entails:
- Implementing the vision of the OSA: ensuring that local government funds are used for the purposes intended by law and that local governments hold themselves to the highest standards of financial accountability
- Guiding a team of over 60 top accounting, research, technology, operations, and analysis professionals to complete high quality examinations and analysis on time
- Advising the State Auditor in her duties to serve Minnesotans as a statewide, constitutional officer
- Hold an active Minnesota Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license and experience in government accounting and auditing
- Have experience leading a professional team and managing complex workflows
- Can communicate clearly, advocate for their employees, and are committed to the mission of effective government
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to State.Auditor@osa.state.mn.us by Friday, February 17, 2023.
If you are interested in being notified about updates to employment opportunities at the OSA, please click the link below and sign up for the Employment Opportunities email list.
For More Information
Clicking on the Job Title above will take you to the job posting on the Minnesota Careers site where you will find more information about the position. Click "Apply" at the bottom of that page to apply. If you have questions about open positions, please send an email to email@example.com. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to mn.gov/careers.
For information about employee benefits, click here to go to the Benefits page on the State of Minnesota government careers website.
Our internships are an excellent way to gain hands-on experience in the field of government auditing. The internship allows you to try the career on for size and gives us a chance to see your work and get to know you. With the right fit, internships have culminated in job offers for permanent audit positions with our Office.
We typically seek audit interns to join our team each spring and summer. Selected candidates work side-by-side with a team of professional auditors to actively participate in financial and compliance audits of local governments.
In addition to the development of technical skills, the internship experience provides the opportunity to enhance communication skills through professional client interaction, and to refine job management skills in a fast-paced environment. It is “real work” with a public benefit. An audit internship is CPA-qualifying work experience. Compensation for this hands-on learning experience is $16 per hour.
Minimum qualifications for audit interns are undergraduate CPA-track accounting majors, usually at a junior level. Internships are full-time 40 hours/week positions. Occasionally part-time internships are available. Audit teams enjoy flexible work schedules that include four 10-hour days.
To find out if we have audit intern positions open, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.