Auditor Blaha to Present 2022 State of Main Street - For March 22, 2022
Saint Paul, MN – State Auditor Julie Blaha will present the 2022 State of Main Street on Tuesday, March 22 at 1:00 p.m. in the State Capitol Press Room B971. This presentation is the culmination event following five regional listening sessions in February that brought together the expertise of local government leaders and our 2020 data. The OSA and panelists also looked at 20-year local government financial trends to provide context to the 2020 numbers.
The 2020 data also represents the first year local governments received federal pandemic relief funds via the CARES Act. Local government leaders will discuss how this funding was used to address the most pressing needs of their community. A Big Lake business owner will discuss the impact that the CARES Act had on her business.
All are welcome to join the press conference in person. For those who prefer to join virtually, advance registration for Zoom participants is available.
The event will be live streamed on YouTube.
WHERE: State Capitol Press Room B971
WHEN: 1:00 p.m.
- Minnesota State Auditor Julie Blaha
- OSA Government Information Division staff
- Rochester Mayor Kim Norton
- Moorhead Mayor Shelly Carlson
- Hennepin County Commissioner Angela Conley
- Stillwater Township Chair Sheila-Marie Untiedt
- Winona County Finance Director Patrick Moga
- City of Maplewood Finance Director Ellen Paulseth
- Big Lake Business Owner Brenda Geldert