Thank you for your interest in the Small City and Town Accounting System (CTAS). This system is designed to keep the accounting records of small cities and towns on a personal computer and to assist the user in bookkeeping tasks. The State Auditor's Office is dedicated to continued improvements in accuracy, uniformity, timeliness and dependability of financial records and reporting. Through the use of the CTAS system, we can assist the smaller local units of government with their bookkeeping and financial reporting. CTAS is now available for free to Minnesota local government units.
For more information about CTAS, call (651) 296-6262 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTAS Version 7.0.14 (01/2011)
- New installation or update from Version 6 (exe, 16.3M)
- Update for CTAS Version 7 (exe, 893k)
- Installation instructions for going from CTAS Version 7.0.13 to Version 7.0.14 (pdf, 21k)
CTAS Version 6.2 (01/2008)
To receive e-mails with CTAS user news and information, send a request to email@example.com.
- CTAS User Manual
- Order form for User Manual for CTAS version 7, bound paper copy or CD (pdf, 41k)
- Reference Guide (pdf, 5.7M)
- Downloading and Installation Instructions (pdf, 41kM)
- Version 7 Enhancements (pdf, 43k)
- 2013 Tax Tables (pdf, 59k)
- 2012 Tax Tables (pdf, 11k)
- 2011 Tax Tables (pdf, 11k)
- 2010 Tax Tables (pdf, 42k)
- 2009 Tax Tables (revised 02/09) (pdf, 12k)
- List of CTAS Check Vendors (pdf, 10k)
Related Accounting Manuals
- Chart of Accounts (pdf, 238k)
- Chart of Accounts, Town Edition (pdf, 80k)
- Abridged Chart of Accounts (pdf, 66k)
- Reporting and Publishing Requirements - City Audited Financial Statements (pdf, 542k)
- Reporting and Publishing Requirements - Cash Basis of Accounting (pdf, 149k)
- Accounting Manual for Small Cities and Towns (pdf, 361k)
The Office of the State Auditor has recorded online trainings to assist with use of CTAS Version 7. When you click on a link below, a Windows Media Player screen will open with the online training ready to play.