Updated May, 2021
Below is a current list of known issues identified by CTAS users. After each issue you'll find a suggested temporary solution.
We encourage you to visit this page regularly as you continue to use CTAS to see if any new issues have been added. If you discover any issues that are not currently listed, please submit them to email@example.com. We will work to correct these issues in the next CTAS program update.
- ISSUE: When you add and save a new receipt with the "Cleared check" box checked, certain fields will become "read-only", preventing you from saving any subsequently-added receipts.
- SOLUTION: Do not check the "Cleared check" box. Instead, clear receipts by either:
- Reopening the receipts for edit from the Receipts list tab and then checking the Cleared box and saving, or
- Using the Cash Processing feature in the Cash Module (Deposits in Transit).
- ISSUE: When you add and save a new disbursement with the "Cleared check" box checked, certain fields will become "read-only", preventing you from saving any subsequently-added disbursements.
- SOLUTION: Do not check the "Cleared check" box. Instead, clear disbursements by either:
- Reopening the disbursement for edit from the Disbursement list tab, then checking the Cleared box and saving, or
- Using the Cash Processing feature in the Cash Module (Outstanding Checks).
- ISSUE: When you add a deposit or withdrawal while editing an investment, you receive a generic CTAS error message stating, "CTAS is unable to complete this operation.” CTAS then saves the entry but creates a check or receipt number of “0” instead of an IAD (Investment Automatic Deposit) or IAW (Investment Automatic Withdrawal) number.
- SOLUTION: Do not add letters or numbers to the CTAS-generated check number (IAD) or receipt number (IAW): doing this will prevent additional deposits or withdrawals from being created for that investment. To fix, remove any letters or numbers from the check or receipt number, returning the created IAD or IAW to its original number: for example, change IAW1a to IAW1 or IAD8b to IAD8.
PERA Exclusion Report
- ISSUE: PERA Exclusion Report not listing all employees excluded from PERA.
- SOLUTION: In the Payroll Module, Employee Section, open the individual employee(s) record(s) who is not showing on the report. Check the “Date Employed” field, if there is no date employed, add a date and save the record. Employee(s) will now show on report when generated.
- ISSUE: Due to a format change in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) 2020 1099-MISC form, CTAS will not print correctly in the updated format.
- SOLUTION: Entities will need to manually complete the IRS 2020 1099-MISC form. Both forms can be accessed on the Internal Revenue website at: