A comprehensive user manual for the Small City and Town Accounting System (CTAS) Version 7 has been published by the Office of the State Auditor. The manual is illustrated with screenshots and contains step-by-step instructions for many of the procedures in the program.The Manual can be downloaded from this page or mailed to you as a bound paper copy or CD.
To receive a bound paper copy or CD
The paper copy of the manual is available for a modest cost which includes shipping. The paper copy is in a loose-leaf binder with tabs for each chapter, the Table of Contents, Glossary and Index. The CD includes both the manual and the current version of CTAS. There is no cost for the CD.
Download the Full Manual
The pdf version of the CTAS User Manual contains links which will take you to other parts of the Manual. The Table of Contents and Index are fully linked to allow for easy navigation of the manual.
- CTAS Version 7 User Manual (pdf, 15.8 MB) Note: This file is very large. We suggest you either download it directly to your computer or download the chapter(s) you need (see below). To download, right-click and select "Save Link As", then select a location on your computer where you want to save the file.
Download the Manual in Chapters
You can choose to download only the chapter(s) you need. The CTAS program is organized into Modules: the chapters of the User Manual are organized to follow that structure.Each chapter has live links that work if you view the chapter online. The links appear in blue. Clicking on the links to other pages in the chapter will jump to that page; clicking on links to other chapters will open that chapter on your computer.
- Chapter 2: Receipts (pdf, 1.2M)
- Chapter 3: Claims (pdf, 1.2M)
- Chapter 4: Disbursements (pdf, 1.2M)
- Chapter 5: Budget (pdf, 1.2M)
- Chapter 6: Cash Control (pdf, 961k)
- Chapter 7: Financial Reports (pdf, 3.2M)
- Chapter 8: Chart of Accounts (pdf, 1.0M)
- Chapter 9: Vendors (pdf, 878k)
- Chapter 10: Administration (pdf, 759k)
- Chapter 11: Employee Information (pdf, 534k)
- Chapter 12: Payroll Periods (pdf, 1.2M)
- Chapter 13: Tax Filing (pdf, 748k)
- Chapter 14: Payroll Reports (pdf, 1.3M)
- Chapter 15: Tax Tables (pdf, 359k)
- Chapter 20: Receivables (pdf, 532k)
- Chapter 21: Payables (pdf, 586k)
- Chapter 22: Accrual Reports (pdf, 794k)