Other Minnesota State and Local Government sites | Employment Opportunities | Home

When a volunteer fire relief association is affiliated with a municipality, the municipality must have representatives serving as trustees on the fire relief’s board. See Minn. Stat. § 424A.04. While these municipal trustees can’t be officers of the relief association, they have the same rights and duties as any other trustee, including the right to vote.

All trustees, including municipal trustees, should receive notice of all board meetings and be allowed to fully participate.

If you have questions regarding the composition of a fire relief association’s board of trustees, please feel free to contact the OSA’s Pension Division Director Rose Hennessy Allen at 651-296-5985 or Rose.Hennessy-Allen@osa.state.mn.us.

Date this Avoiding Pitfall was most recently published: 04/27/2018

Privacy Policy | Accessibility Information | © 2019 Office of the Minnesota State Auditor